I wanted to share some good news with you. So far we’ve raised $5500 for the To Save A Life Campaign! We’re getting really close to our goal of $8000. That’s amazing for our church, especially during this time of year. Thank you to those who have given so generously!
In case you haven’t heard, let me fill you in on what I’m talking about. Last month we made a decision to reach 200 people this fall with the life-changing hope of Jesus. In order to do this, we need to raise $8000. That may seem like a lot, but it’s only $40 for every man, woman, and child we are able to reach. This is not going to be an easy task, but I know that God and His people are up to it. How do I know this? Because it’s God’s will that none should perish. He sent his Son because he loved the whole world, every last person. And He’s an Ephesians 3:20 God. And I believe He would do whatever it takes to reach the people of Missoula. And we as a church want to have (and should have) the heartbeat of the Father…a heart for his lost children. A heart to see them reconciled and made whole. And we should be willing to do whatever it takes to make that happen.
So although we’re well on our way to raising enough money to see 200 new people come through the doors at River City Church, we’re still $2500 short. Here’s where we need your partnership.
- We need you to sponsor some lost souls. It’s $40 for each person we’re trying to reach. We’ve had one family sponsor 62 people. Another has sponsored 50 people. And yet another has sponsored 25. That’s amazing. And that leaves us with 63 people left to sponsor. And it doesn’t matter if you sponsor 1 or 50. But please consider sponsoring at least 1 person. If each of us did this, we’d be well on our way to easily reaching our goal! Click here to make a one time donation.
- If you don’t have the cash to sponsor someone, no problem. We’re having an RCC Yard Sale on Aug 25th. Please consider donating some items and helping out on that day so that we can raise some additional funds. But please, consider donating some items of value. Remember, each $40 could change someone’s life forever!
- Please commit to praying for the people you are sponsoring. Ask God to show you your people, and pray and believe that God is going to change their life this fall through this campaign.
- Invite, invite, invite! You need you to be inviting your friends and family. We’ll be kicking off a new series Sept 16th (see below). Invite them on this Sunday. We’ll have invite cards for you soon.
- Last but not least, we need people to step up and contribute by serving. We need help in children’s ministry, greeters, worship, food and drink, setup, and LifeGroup leaders. If you haven’t already, please let me know how you can help to welcome and minister to all of the new people who are going to be coming through the doors in the next 2 months.
Here’s the plan for this fall. We’re going to be kicking off a series starting Sep 16th called “The New Normal”. The bottom line is this: Normal isn’t working. The normal American family is broke, stressed out, overworked, too busy, and lives a life of broken relationships.
There IS a better way… it’s the new normal. A normal where families have more than enough. A normal where families spend quality time together and aren’t running around frantically. A normal where relationships are whole and prosperous. It’s the Gospel of Jesus Christ. And it is possible for you and for all families. You’re going to want to invite your friends and family to this one.
We’ll also be kicking off a variety of LifeGroups. Relationships are the heart and soul of River City Church. And what better way to experience relationships than through hanging out with a group of great people each week.
So please, let’s partner with the others in your church who are giving generously to this campaign. It’s what RCC is about. And we’re not going to stop until we’ve done whatever it takes to reach Missoula with the Gospel of Jesus Christ!
For HIS Kingdom!
Hey folks! This Sunday, Aug 12th we will be celebrating with other Missoula churches by having a joint service at the fairgrounds at 10am. So our regularly scheduled service will not be held at the building.
Entrance to the fair will be free that day, so plan on spending some time there after the service. The service will be in the grassy area south of the grandstands. The Strength Team will be there performing and bringing the message that morning. Should be a great time of worship and fellowship with the other churches in town. Your family and friends will really enjoy it so invite as many people as possible! Also bring some lawn chairs and/or a blanket to sit on. See you at the fair!
Jesus’ mission, and the mission he gave his followers was to help save lives. That’s why we’re kicking off our new series How To Save A Life. As a follower of Jesus, we should be passionate about those who are dying spiritually. If we’re not passionate about that, we probably don’t know the heartbeat of God. He’s passionate about his children. He’s passionate about those who are lost and dying.
How To Save A Life is not about how to evangelize the lost. It’s about growing up in Christ. It’s what we call discipleship, or becoming a follower of Jesus. You see, when we grow up in Christ, we become more like Him. Our hearts break for the lost and dying. We WANT to help save lives. It’s a natural byproduct of following Jesus.
So join us as we explore what it means to be a Jesus follower! We’ll see you Sunday @10am at River City Church!
Join us as we worship together and celebrate all that God has done through Meadowview Church at their northside location. Pastors Josh Gray, Brian Moser, and Nathan Wise will each share their vision and passion for doing whatever it takes to reach Missoula with the hope of Jesus.
Pastor Josh will also “pass the baton” to River City Church and Remedy Church, as we begin holding church services in the building, while Meadowview North will merge with their main location, beginning April 1st.
This is going to be a great service and you won’t want to miss it. There will be activities for your entire family, including activities at Mismo Gymnastics for the kids, so come on out!
We’ll be having a reception afterwards so bring some appetizers to share!
Please note the time change to 10am!!!
Click here for a link to the Facebook event.
I’m excited to let you know that Andrea and I will be taking a 6-8 week
sabbatical starting at the end of Feb. We’re believing that God
blesses times of rest (Gen 2:3) and that he is going to bless us during
this time with renewed vision and an even greater passion to lead our
church and to reach the lost.
I write this because I know that whenever a church leader steps aside,
even for a time, there may be questions as to the reasons/motives
behind it. Let me assure you that our motives are pure and there is
nothing hidden that needs to be disclosed. Furthermore, our family is
healthy and doing well. We have the full support of our elder and ministry
team in this.
Simply put, Andrea and I have realized that in the last 5 yrs, we have
been doing a lot of doing, and doing less being (with Jesus that is) than
we would like. Just as in the story of Mary and Martha in Luke 10, we have
realized that we need to take some sabbath time to rest in Jesus and be
refreshed. Life and ministry is more of an ultra-marathon than a sprint.
How we finish is more important than how we start. I want to finish well.
I’m sure that you would agree. And part of that finishing well is that we
take times of rest.
So please know, this isn’t the end of River City Church. We have an
AMAZING ministry team who will take up the reigns during this time. Our
sending church, RCC Lewiston will be providing speakers during our
sabbatical time. River City Church will continue to do whatever it takes
to take ground for the Kingdom of God here in Missoula.
You can listen to the announcement and get more details from this podcast
from last Sunday.
Thank you and blessings on you!
Brian and Andrea
We are actively searching for some brave, dedicated souls to move to Missoula, MT and become a part of the RCC Ministry Team. We are currently looking for a Children’s Pastor and a Worship Arts Pastor to join us.
River City Church is one of the newest churches in Missoula, MT. Missoula (pop. 100,000) and is nestled in the beautiful Rocky Mountains of western Montana. Missoula is the home of the University of Montana, and has a growing population of college students and young families. River City Church is continuing to build its core team in preparation for a possible re-launch in 2012. We are looking for motivated individuals to join us in reaching Missoula in a culturally relevant way.
Please check out the links above for more information. We would also welcome hearing from you even if you don’t fit the 2 job descriptions above. Perhaps you have another passion/gifting to offer? Let me know if that’s you!
I’m ready to start the Sunday Replays again. Here’s what happened today at RCC:
- Worship set: You Deserve, Rooftops, One Thing Remains, Adoration, My Reward.
- Great worship today. Aidan Beeson from RCC Lewiston drummed for us last minute and nailed it. Eric and Jamie did an amazing job leading as usual. Passionate and Spirit-led.
- Good turnout today considering we had to make a last-minute venue change to the Hilton. Some new faces and return visitors. Thanks for joining us today!
- I have to admit I’ve been a little cranky the last 2 months about our meeting location (or lack of a steady one). But I decided to repent of my stinky attitude and be thankful that God has provided a location each week. I like the Hilton, where we were today, but the Best Western has been very accomodating and is practically giving us the meeting rooms each week. It’s hard to beat that.
- I keep telling everyone that the church isn’t defined by 4 walls…but I sometimes wonder if I really believe it or not! While a permanent meeting location would be great, God is certainly not confined to a particular location.
- So we’re going to keep doing what God has called us to do: make followers of Jesus wherever we go!
- I’m so grateful for Kevin Beeson and his family coming all the way over from RCC Lewiston to preach today.
- Kevin is a great friend and is also my pastor. River City Church in Lewiston sent us out to Missoula 3 yrs ago and has been our greatest supporter. It’s good to know someone’s got your back!
- Kevin preached a message on Lazarus from John 11 that was the most unique word I have ever heard on that passage.
- The main emphasis was on John 11:44 And the dead man came out, his hands and feet bound in graveclothes, his face wrapped in a headcloth. Jesus told them, “Unwrap him and let him go!”
- Jesus raised Lazarus from the dead and could easily have unwrapped him and cleaned him up…but he asked the people to do it instead. Jesus wants to use each of us to help remove the grave clothes off of each other. The graveclothes of our past. The unforgiveness. The addiction. The jealosy. The anger. The shame. The ___________.
- What grave clothes are you still wearing? The only way that others can help you is if you are living in community with them. Biblical community like that found in the book of Acts. Unselfish community.
- BTW, we have some ways for you to get connected and live in community. We’ll be having a Welcome Dinner for our newest guests here soon. Keep checking back for the time and place. We have a men’s group that meets on Thursdays at lunch. We have a women’s group that meets on Tuesdays at 10am. We have a Financial Peace University that meets on Wednesday eves at 6pm. We constantly have ways to connect through various events. In fact, we almost named our church “Connect Church”. Not kidding.
- One of the things that RCC does really well is provide ways to connect. If you can’t connect here, you probably aren’t trying that hard!
- We’re working hard to get a new podcast page up. Keep checking back because we should have it up some time this week and we’ll be posting sermons from the last 2 months.
- Ah, it’s good to do Sunday Replays again. Be sure and join us next Sunday at the Best Western so that you don’t have to read the blog!