I would like to invite you to join us on Tuesday mornings @7am (starting tomorrow) at the building for a time of worship and prayer. We will be taking this time to worship our God and pray over our city, our church, and other churches in Missoula. Everyone is invited, whether you are a seasoned “prayer warrior” or just learning how to pray. You won’t be required to pray out loud, but you can agree with others as we call on God to reach this city with the Hope of Christ. Our plan is to start with 20-30 minutes of worship, and take the last 30-40 minutes to pray. But we’re going to be flexible and Spirit led so it could change from week to week. Also, feel free to only come to a portion of it if that’s what your schedule allows.
I’m believing this word that was spoken over Israel and Solomon’s Temple is also true for River City Church:
2 Chronicles 7:14-16 Then if my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. My eyes will be open and my ears attentive to every prayer made in this place. For I have chosen this Temple and set it apart to be holy—a place where my name will be honored forever. I will always watch over it, for it is dear to my heart.
So if you can make it, great! If not, no worries. Just come on the days that you are able. Or join us by worshiping and praying wherever you are on Tuesday mornings.
Every great move of God has started with men and women on their knees seeking God for revival. The next move of God in Missoula will be no different. Here’s believing for great things!
I hope you like the graphic! But more than that, I hope you’ll get your tail to River City Church this Easter! Along with our usual modern music and practical, life-giving teachings, we’re going to provide an amazing experience for your kids that they’ll never forget!
Every week we partner with Mismo Gymnastics to provide a fun learning environment for your kids. They’ll spend time in Missoula’s most popular gym learning how to live a “balanced” life, as well as how to face and conquer “obstacles” in life through faith in Christ. This Easter we’ll also be doing an egg hunt in the Mismo Gym. Believe me, your kids are going to love it!
So come on out to our new location at 1900 W Broadway at 10am this Easter Sunday. We’d love to have you join us!
Click here to view the event on our Facebook page!
Today was our Christmas special. What an amazing, crazy day! I don’t think we’ve ever had a more technical program as we did today. We had a few hiccups, but our team totally rocked it!
- Worship set: O Come All Ye Faithful, We Cry Out, Christ Alone, How He Loves, Joy to the World.
- The kids did an amazing job today! It was so cute watching them do the ABCs of Christmas. And they did 3 Christmas songs as well. They did so well I think we should have them lead a few songs each week!
- Because it was our Christmas Special, we had a lot of visitors this week. We literally ran out of chairs. We had the hotel bring us more chairs two different times, and then we just ran out of room and people had to stand in the back. Not ideal, but sort of fun anyway!
- Not everyday you get to say, “STANDING ROOM ONLY!”
- Short sermon today. Kicked it off with a video called “Four Words Christmas”. The 4 words are “God Is With Us”.
- I asked how we would live our lives differently if we really believed that God was with us.
- Overall, had a great day today. Thanks everyone for bringing your friends and family. Your kids were amazing.
- Anyone else praying for Tebow today? As I write this it’s the 4th qtr. Doesn’t look good for Denver. Just wondering…
Sorry for the delay on this one. James and I took off for Lewiston, ID Sunday afternoon to do some steelhead fishing and didn’t get back until late Monday night. And yes, we caught 3 and lost 1!
- Worship set: Firm Foundation, Blessed Be Your Name, God of Wonders, The First Noel, O Come All Ye Faithful.
- Great to see some new faces and be able to connect with them. We have a great team who always makes our guests feel at home.
- We continued the “Jesus Did Not Say…” series with Part 3. Here are the 3 things I spoke on today that Jesus did not say…
- “All things in moderation.”
- “Dream really small dreams and make sure you never ask for anything big!”
- “Don’t be a risk taker. It’s better to play it safe than to end up dead for my sake.”
- I wrapped up the sermon with the story of Benaiah in 2 Samuel 23:20-22. It’s one of my favorite stories in the bible, and one of my favorite books, written solely on this passage, is In A Pit With A Lion On A Snowy Day by Mark Batterson. I’d highly recommend it!
- Next week we’ll have our Christmas service and the kid’s will be doing their recital. Be sure to practice those lines and songs, and show up a little early next week!