Hey folks! This Sunday, Aug 12th we will be celebrating with other Missoula churches by having a joint service at the fairgrounds at 10am. So our regularly scheduled service will not be held at the building.
Entrance to the fair will be free that day, so plan on spending some time there after the service. The service will be in the grassy area south of the grandstands. The Strength Team will be there performing and bringing the message that morning. Should be a great time of worship and fellowship with the other churches in town. Your family and friends will really enjoy it so invite as many people as possible! Also bring some lawn chairs and/or a blanket to sit on. See you at the fair!
Join us as we worship together and celebrate all that God has done through Meadowview Church at their northside location. Pastors Josh Gray, Brian Moser, and Nathan Wise will each share their vision and passion for doing whatever it takes to reach Missoula with the hope of Jesus.
Pastor Josh will also “pass the baton” to River City Church and Remedy Church, as we begin holding church services in the building, while Meadowview North will merge with their main location, beginning April 1st.
This is going to be a great service and you won’t want to miss it. There will be activities for your entire family, including activities at Mismo Gymnastics for the kids, so come on out!
We’ll be having a reception afterwards so bring some appetizers to share!
Please note the time change to 10am!!!
Click here for a link to the Facebook event.
We will be having a service on Jan 1st at our regular time and we’ll be celebrating the New Year by sharing a communion meal together immediately following! I’ll be talking about aligning your personal/family goals with God’s mission for 2012.
As far as the communion meal goes, we’ll be doing a potluck so we’d love to have you bring something to share. Main courses are in short supply, so if you can bring something that will stay warm for 45 min or so that would be great. We can plug crock pots in if you bring one.
We’ll see you on Sunday at 11am at the Best Western!
I’m ready to start the Sunday Replays again. Here’s what happened today at RCC:
- Worship set: You Deserve, Rooftops, One Thing Remains, Adoration, My Reward.
- Great worship today. Aidan Beeson from RCC Lewiston drummed for us last minute and nailed it. Eric and Jamie did an amazing job leading as usual. Passionate and Spirit-led.
- Good turnout today considering we had to make a last-minute venue change to the Hilton. Some new faces and return visitors. Thanks for joining us today!
- I have to admit I’ve been a little cranky the last 2 months about our meeting location (or lack of a steady one). But I decided to repent of my stinky attitude and be thankful that God has provided a location each week. I like the Hilton, where we were today, but the Best Western has been very accomodating and is practically giving us the meeting rooms each week. It’s hard to beat that.
- I keep telling everyone that the church isn’t defined by 4 walls…but I sometimes wonder if I really believe it or not! While a permanent meeting location would be great, God is certainly not confined to a particular location.
- So we’re going to keep doing what God has called us to do: make followers of Jesus wherever we go!
- I’m so grateful for Kevin Beeson and his family coming all the way over from RCC Lewiston to preach today.
- Kevin is a great friend and is also my pastor. River City Church in Lewiston sent us out to Missoula 3 yrs ago and has been our greatest supporter. It’s good to know someone’s got your back!
- Kevin preached a message on Lazarus from John 11 that was the most unique word I have ever heard on that passage.
- The main emphasis was on John 11:44 And the dead man came out, his hands and feet bound in graveclothes, his face wrapped in a headcloth. Jesus told them, “Unwrap him and let him go!”
- Jesus raised Lazarus from the dead and could easily have unwrapped him and cleaned him up…but he asked the people to do it instead. Jesus wants to use each of us to help remove the grave clothes off of each other. The graveclothes of our past. The unforgiveness. The addiction. The jealosy. The anger. The shame. The ___________.
- What grave clothes are you still wearing? The only way that others can help you is if you are living in community with them. Biblical community like that found in the book of Acts. Unselfish community.
- BTW, we have some ways for you to get connected and live in community. We’ll be having a Welcome Dinner for our newest guests here soon. Keep checking back for the time and place. We have a men’s group that meets on Thursdays at lunch. We have a women’s group that meets on Tuesdays at 10am. We have a Financial Peace University that meets on Wednesday eves at 6pm. We constantly have ways to connect through various events. In fact, we almost named our church “Connect Church”. Not kidding.
- One of the things that RCC does really well is provide ways to connect. If you can’t connect here, you probably aren’t trying that hard!
- We’re working hard to get a new podcast page up. Keep checking back because we should have it up some time this week and we’ll be posting sermons from the last 2 months.
- Ah, it’s good to do Sunday Replays again. Be sure and join us next Sunday at the Best Western so that you don’t have to read the blog!
Hey everyone! We have invited Kevin Beeson, Pastor of River City Church in Lewiston, Idaho to come speak this Sunday at RCC. Kevin provides oversight to RCC Missoula and is a great communicator. If you haven’t heard him speak before, I guarantee you will be humored, encouraged, and challenged all at the same time!
We will be meeting at the Hilton Garden Inn on Reserve rather than the Best Western, so note the change! As usual, we will have something for your whole family. Let’s show Kevin and his wife Shelley our support by coming out this Sunday @ 11am!
River City Church is temporarily without a permanent meeting location in Missoula. However the church is not defined by the building it meets in, but rather by the people who gather together! If you’re looking for a safe, stable building to have church on Sunday mornings, then I would suggest you check out the 70+ other churches in Missoula. If you’re looking for some unpredictable, faith-filled times, then check back here each week, follow us on facebook (www.facebook.com/rivercitychurch), and/or sign up for text alerts by texting RiverCityChurch to 41242. We’ll let you know each week where we’ll be meeting next!
UPDATE: We will now be meeting at the Best Western Grant Creek in @ 11am every Sunday! See you there!
UPDATE for Oct 9th: We will be meeting at the Best Western Grant Creek Inn @11am.
UPDATE for Oct 2nd: We will be meeting at the Best Western Grant Creek Inn @11am.
UPDATE for Sep 25th: We will be meeting at the Best Western Grant Creek Inn @11am.
UPDATE for Sep 18th: We will be meeting at the Best Western Grant Creek Inn @11am.
UPDATE for Sep 11th: We will be meeting at the Best Western Grant Creek Inn @11am. We’re back to our regular Sunday services. This week we’ll be talking about honor. Come join us!
UPDATE for Sep 4th: We will be meeting at the Best Western Grant Creek Inn @11am. Unplugged & More!
UPDATE for Aug 28th: We will be meeting at the Best Western Grant Creek Inn @11am. Unplugged & More!
UPDATE for Aug 21st: We will be meeting at the Hilton Conference Center @6pm on August 21st. Hope to see you there!
Just a reminder to all that our regularly scheduled service at 11am at Lifestyle Fitness in Missoula has been moved to the Lochsa River in Idaho! This weekend is our annual Memorial Day campout at the Powell Campground on Highway 12 in Idaho. The service will be in the amphitheater at noon, followed by a pig roast and picnic afterwards! We’ll be camping Friday through Monday, or you can just come on up on Sunday and join us for the day! It’s only an hour’s drive from Missoula. Hope to see you there!