One of the things we believe as a leadership team that God is doing here at RCC is stirring us to pray more often. Here are few things that you can do to get involved:
- Spend some time each day in prayer. It can be as simple as talking to God and taking some time to listen in return.
- Sign up to pray for RCC and Missoula on a specific day each month. Email Jamie to get on the calendar.
- Send prayer requests to Jamie so she can send them to the entire prayer team.
- Send answered prayer reports to Jamie so that she can share them with everyone else.
Let’s pray big! Don’t limit God, for nothing is impossible with Him!
I was out of town this past Sunday so I had Eric write the Sunday recap. Below are his remarks with my comments in parentheses.
- 56 people this week.
- Kristin led worship with 2 great new songs.
- Had the people answer some questions on paper this week during the sermon. Although some questions were deep, there were people writing. (I like the interactive approach to preaching/teaching)
- Both the Lead/Assoc Pastors Kids were kicked out of KidWay (nothing like setting a good example!).
- Several new couples/families there this week. (I hate missing out on meeting new people!)
- Assoc Pastor’s wife felt husband needs to listen more to his own sermon…he agrees. (I always feel like I’m preaching to myself first and foremost, so yeah I can understand Jamie on this one)
- We missed the handsome lead pastor and his beautiful bride immensely. (That’s understandable…)
That’s a wrap…
The church has become too safe. We play life too safe. Our faith is way too safe. When was the last time you did something great for God? I mean really great. Like, there’s no way you could have pulled it off without Him?
Jesus was a revolutionary. He broke the rules. He created a revolution. He expects His people to be revolutionaries. This means breaking out of the safe little cage we’ve been living in all these years. Doing great things for God. Over the top.
Get on board the Revolution. Starting this Sunday @ 11am.
You won’t want to miss this Sunday for 2 reasons:
- We’re going to be talking about the future of River City Church and some of the plans that we believe God has for us here in Missoula and beyond. Hang on, because I believe God is going to do some amazing stuff in 2009!
- It’s communion Sunday! We’ll be having a meal together after the service. You won’t want to miss Grandma Gertrude’s famous cauliflower soufle’. Okay, there is no Grandma Gertrude. But there will be lots of great food and people!
What better way to start the new year off than at RCC this Sunday?
Happy New Year!