This Sunday we’re doing Baptisms and BBQ at our place in lieu of a regular service. Then we’ll head down to the church building to watch the fireworks. Bring a drink, side dish, swim gear, and chair. We’ll do the rest! If you want to get baptized shoot me an email. Click Here for directions to our place. See you at 6pm!
- What a crazy Sunday! Our drummer had a death in the family so he couldn’t make it. We asked another guy to fill in at the last minute but he hadn’t drummed in quite a few years. He made it to rehearsal and was doing pretty well. But then he had to go and pick up his family and come back.
- It was 10 min after the service was supposed to start and he still wasn’t back so I gave him a call. Turns out he was running late, and having 2nd thoughts.
- So, we completely changed it up. I switched from electric guitar to acoustic guitar and vocals. Eric changed from acoustic guitar to drums. Jamie thought I was going to lead as well, but I made her lead. I’m not too confident on vocals. Every time I could hear my voice in the monitors I backed off the mike. Then Alex, the sound guy, would turn up my mike. Then I would back off even more.
- It was actually hilarious. Eric did awesome on the drums, Jamie rocked leading, and I just tried to keep it all together the best I could!
- Here’s the ironic part: the sermon was on Unstoppable Worship. The premise was that worship is not just about music. In fact, it has much less to do with music than we think.
- Music is just one small part of our worship. Worship is a lifestyle, not a music style. But it’s amazing how nit picky we can all get when it comes to the music in church.
- I think it’s worth a listen. Funny thing is, the microphone made me sound like I was talking with a lisp or something. Gotta just love technology!
You might have noticed that I haven’t been posting much. Part of that is because we’ve been watching the One Prayer video teachings and we aren’t recording any sermons. The other part is that I’m just taking a break.
However, this Sunday I will be preaching on Unstoppable Worship. It will be recorded and I will be updating the blog. Don’t give up on me yet.
- We launched the One Prayer campaign this week! I love what Craig Groeschel has done with this.
- Basic premise is this: Jesus prayed in John 17:20-24 that his church would be one. What if churches around the world united together, shared resources, and gave generously? That is what One Prayer is about!
- The theme this year is “Unstoppable”. This week we heard from Steven Furtick from Elevation Church in Charlotte, NC.
- His sermon was “Unstoppable Power”. We are to be the power of God through Christ. We are conduits for His power.
- Each of us has been given gifts to serve others and glorify God.
- Many of us have often said, “If only I had a million dollars, I would give so much away to charity!”. The fact is, if we aren’t generous now, we won’t be generous if we become rich.
- We need to think “inside the box”. In other words, what do we have right now that we can use for the Kingdom of God? Stop wishing for things we don’t have, and start using what God has already given you!
- God has already given us everything we need to do great things! Stop focusing on what you don’t have.
- Steven’s analogy of the bunt in baseball was one of the best I’ve ever heard.
- If you want to listen to his message, I would encourage you to go to http://2010.oneprayer.com and register, and listen to his message.
- Next week is Craig Groeschel’s message, “Unstoppable Courage”.