Ever get an intense, uncontrollable desire to study Christian doctrine? The kind of urging that keeps you up at night? Yeah me neither. But the truth is we need to understand the essential, life-changing, eternal truths found in the scriptures. And we’re going to do just that…but it won’t be as boring as it sounds. We’re going to focus on truths found in the Gospel accounts of Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John, as well as the books of Acts and Revelation. You see, there are a lot of important things that Jesus said…and there are a lot of things that Jesus did not say, but that we think he said! Things like, “God helps those who help themselves”, and “To thine own self be true.” I can’t wait to tackle some major myths regarding the Christian faith, while at the same time bringing some life-changing truths that Jesus indeed shared with us. So be sure and invite someone this week. It could change their life. It could change your life. We’ll see you on Sunday!
I’m ready to start the Sunday Replays again. Here’s what happened today at RCC:
- Worship set: You Deserve, Rooftops, One Thing Remains, Adoration, My Reward.
- Great worship today. Aidan Beeson from RCC Lewiston drummed for us last minute and nailed it. Eric and Jamie did an amazing job leading as usual. Passionate and Spirit-led.
- Good turnout today considering we had to make a last-minute venue change to the Hilton. Some new faces and return visitors. Thanks for joining us today!
- I have to admit I’ve been a little cranky the last 2 months about our meeting location (or lack of a steady one). But I decided to repent of my stinky attitude and be thankful that God has provided a location each week. I like the Hilton, where we were today, but the Best Western has been very accomodating and is practically giving us the meeting rooms each week. It’s hard to beat that.
- I keep telling everyone that the church isn’t defined by 4 walls…but I sometimes wonder if I really believe it or not! While a permanent meeting location would be great, God is certainly not confined to a particular location.
- So we’re going to keep doing what God has called us to do: make followers of Jesus wherever we go!
- I’m so grateful for Kevin Beeson and his family coming all the way over from RCC Lewiston to preach today.
- Kevin is a great friend and is also my pastor. River City Church in Lewiston sent us out to Missoula 3 yrs ago and has been our greatest supporter. It’s good to know someone’s got your back!
- Kevin preached a message on Lazarus from John 11 that was the most unique word I have ever heard on that passage.
- The main emphasis was on John 11:44 And the dead man came out, his hands and feet bound in graveclothes, his face wrapped in a headcloth. Jesus told them, “Unwrap him and let him go!”
- Jesus raised Lazarus from the dead and could easily have unwrapped him and cleaned him up…but he asked the people to do it instead. Jesus wants to use each of us to help remove the grave clothes off of each other. The graveclothes of our past. The unforgiveness. The addiction. The jealosy. The anger. The shame. The ___________.
- What grave clothes are you still wearing? The only way that others can help you is if you are living in community with them. Biblical community like that found in the book of Acts. Unselfish community.
- BTW, we have some ways for you to get connected and live in community. We’ll be having a Welcome Dinner for our newest guests here soon. Keep checking back for the time and place. We have a men’s group that meets on Thursdays at lunch. We have a women’s group that meets on Tuesdays at 10am. We have a Financial Peace University that meets on Wednesday eves at 6pm. We constantly have ways to connect through various events. In fact, we almost named our church “Connect Church”. Not kidding.
- One of the things that RCC does really well is provide ways to connect. If you can’t connect here, you probably aren’t trying that hard!
- We’re working hard to get a new podcast page up. Keep checking back because we should have it up some time this week and we’ll be posting sermons from the last 2 months.
- Ah, it’s good to do Sunday Replays again. Be sure and join us next Sunday at the Best Western so that you don’t have to read the blog!
Hey everyone! We have invited Kevin Beeson, Pastor of River City Church in Lewiston, Idaho to come speak this Sunday at RCC. Kevin provides oversight to RCC Missoula and is a great communicator. If you haven’t heard him speak before, I guarantee you will be humored, encouraged, and challenged all at the same time!
We will be meeting at the Hilton Garden Inn on Reserve rather than the Best Western, so note the change! As usual, we will have something for your whole family. Let’s show Kevin and his wife Shelley our support by coming out this Sunday @ 11am!
I have no idea what it’s like to coach an NFL football team, much less a Superbowl team. But I can imagine that after a certain amount of time coaching in the NFL, you come to recognize when you have a team with Superbowl potential. That’s how I feel with our ministry team right now at RCC.
We’ve always had good people on our team. I’ve always placed my relationship with our team members even above their ability to serve. But there is just something, a chemistry perhaps, that happens when the right team comes together. A coach can sense it. It is something special and something that doesn’t happen every season.
The team we have right now is that team. It’s the team that I know God can use to take RCC to the next level. The Superbowl if you will. I can’t tell you exactly why I know this. Part of it is because I am friends with them all. I love them. I’ve got their back and they’ve got mine. Our relationships are more important than our roles. Part of it is that they all have a unique calling. Part of it is that they are passionate for the cause of Christ. Part of it is that they want to see RCC succeed in reaching Missoula, MT and beyond for the Kingdom of God.
Put all of these things together and you’ve got the perfect storm. A Superbowl Team.
What more could a coach ask for? I’ve got the best team a pastor could want. Can’t wait for the post-season. Let’s run up the score!