We will be having a service on Jan 1st at our regular time and we’ll be celebrating the New Year by sharing a communion meal together immediately following! I’ll be talking about aligning your personal/family goals with God’s mission for 2012.
As far as the communion meal goes, we’ll be doing a potluck so we’d love to have you bring something to share. Main courses are in short supply, so if you can bring something that will stay warm for 45 min or so that would be great. We can plug crock pots in if you bring one.
We’ll see you on Sunday at 11am at the Best Western!
Just a reminder that we will not have any services this weekend. Take the time to spend with friends and family. Take some time to pray and worship together. Read the Christmas story to your kids. In other words, have church at home! MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!
Today was our Christmas special. What an amazing, crazy day! I don’t think we’ve ever had a more technical program as we did today. We had a few hiccups, but our team totally rocked it!
- Worship set: O Come All Ye Faithful, We Cry Out, Christ Alone, How He Loves, Joy to the World.
- The kids did an amazing job today! It was so cute watching them do the ABCs of Christmas. And they did 3 Christmas songs as well. They did so well I think we should have them lead a few songs each week!
- Because it was our Christmas Special, we had a lot of visitors this week. We literally ran out of chairs. We had the hotel bring us more chairs two different times, and then we just ran out of room and people had to stand in the back. Not ideal, but sort of fun anyway!
- Not everyday you get to say, “STANDING ROOM ONLY!”
- Short sermon today. Kicked it off with a video called “Four Words Christmas”. The 4 words are “God Is With Us”.
- I asked how we would live our lives differently if we really believed that God was with us.
- Overall, had a great day today. Thanks everyone for bringing your friends and family. Your kids were amazing.
- Anyone else praying for Tebow today? As I write this it’s the 4th qtr. Doesn’t look good for Denver. Just wondering…
Sorry for the delay on this one. James and I took off for Lewiston, ID Sunday afternoon to do some steelhead fishing and didn’t get back until late Monday night. And yes, we caught 3 and lost 1!
- Worship set: Firm Foundation, Blessed Be Your Name, God of Wonders, The First Noel, O Come All Ye Faithful.
- Great to see some new faces and be able to connect with them. We have a great team who always makes our guests feel at home.
- We continued the “Jesus Did Not Say…” series with Part 3. Here are the 3 things I spoke on today that Jesus did not say…
- “All things in moderation.”
- “Dream really small dreams and make sure you never ask for anything big!”
- “Don’t be a risk taker. It’s better to play it safe than to end up dead for my sake.”
- I wrapped up the sermon with the story of Benaiah in 2 Samuel 23:20-22. It’s one of my favorite stories in the bible, and one of my favorite books, written solely on this passage, is In A Pit With A Lion On A Snowy Day by Mark Batterson. I’d highly recommend it!
- Next week we’ll have our Christmas service and the kid’s will be doing their recital. Be sure to practice those lines and songs, and show up a little early next week!
We are buying gifts for a family in need this Christmas season. If you’d like to help out, click the link below to see what gifts haven’t been purchased yet and signup to help. Thanks for your generosity!
We are actively searching for some brave, dedicated souls to move to Missoula, MT and become a part of the RCC Ministry Team. We are currently looking for a Children’s Pastor and a Worship Arts Pastor to join us.
River City Church is one of the newest churches in Missoula, MT. Missoula (pop. 100,000) and is nestled in the beautiful Rocky Mountains of western Montana. Missoula is the home of the University of Montana, and has a growing population of college students and young families. River City Church is continuing to build its core team in preparation for a possible re-launch in 2012. We are looking for motivated individuals to join us in reaching Missoula in a culturally relevant way.
Please check out the links above for more information. We would also welcome hearing from you even if you don’t fit the 2 job descriptions above. Perhaps you have another passion/gifting to offer? Let me know if that’s you!