Yesterday’s service was amazing! Here are a few things that happened:
- I had a family in the church email me on Saturday and say they were really struggling financially and were going to get evicted if they didn’t pay the last 2 months rent. On Sunday, a woman came up to me and said she had a dream on Saturday night that she was going to come to church and pray for a couple who needed financial relief. So, during the service we took up a special offering for this family. Even though attendance was down considerably, we still raised $1000 for them! And we got to pray with them and encourage them after the service. They were so humbled and blessed!
- During the service another woman came to me crying and struggling with fear. We prayed over her and took authority over the spirit of fear in her life. There was an immediate and noticeable change in her demeanor!
- Another person was prayed over for back pain. The pain didn’t go away. But as they were praying, they felt led to pray over doubt, and the pain went away!
- Another woman was struggling with fear. We prayed with her and took authority over the fear and it began to subside. Then someone else noticed a mercy gifting in her that God was cultivating so we encouraged her to begin using that gift, not out of fear, but out of love!
- Lastly, as the service was winding out, a man went up to a woman I was talking to and just stopped and said he had a word for her from the Lord. “You are called to be a missionary to the nations.” She immediately smiled and said, “I know!”. The word confirmed something that God had already been stirring up in her.
Why do I tell you these things? To be encouraged! God is on the move and changing lives, and we get to be a part of it. I’m believing that God is going to move powerfully again this Sunday. If you need healing or encouragement, come to RCC and see what God might do!
Tomorrow June 20th is the 1st day of summer and that means our Summer Dinner Group is kicking off! Every Wednesday we will meet in a different park and have a BBQ. We will supply the grill, plates, plastic ware, and ice water. You bring your own meat to grill, a side dish to share, your favorite drink, some outdoor games, and some lawn chairs!
The main goal of the Summer Dinner Group is to connect: connect with one another, connect our friends to RCC, and to connect with our neighbors.
So at 5pm we will take some time to pray through the neighborhood that we are grillin’ in. Then at 6pm, we’ll kick off our BBQ. Come at whatever time suits you. But please, bring a friend or two!
Here are some upcoming locations:
Wed, June 20th: Park/playground in Canyon Creek neighborhood off of Expressway
Wed, June 27th: Park area in the Pleasant View neighborhood
Wed, July 4th: No Dinner Group. Hang out with friends and family!
Wed, July 11th: Bonner Park (bring kid’s swimwear)
Wed, July 18th: Scott Street Park (bring kid’s swimwear)
Further times and locations to be determined!
What do Jesus and bacon have in common? Umm, practically everything that’s good in this life! I mean, who doesn’t love Jesus AND bacon? Everything good in this life can be traced back to either Jesus or bacon. So this Father’s Day, River City Church is going to be celebrating Jesus and bacon along with our fathers! Bring your dad to River City Church and he’ll be getting a free bacon latte at our River City Cafe. Yeah you heard me. Torani makes a bacon-flavored syrup, and we’ll be serving it up! Also, we going to have bacon-flavored treats, such as bacon-peanut butter cup-beer-brownies, bacon chocolate chip cookies, bacon cinnamon rolls, and bacon maple cupcakes. Believe me, your dad is not going to want to miss out on this special day at River City Church.
And for those of you who would throw your arms up in protest, saying Jesus was Jewish and he would never, ever eat or even want to be associated with bacon, I would say this: Jesus ushered in a new covenant. A bacon-friendly covenant. Jesus and bacon are now friends. And you can be friends with both Jesus and bacon as well.
So we’ll see you on Father’s Day, June 17th at River City Church. 10am, and don’t be late or you just might miss out!
Do you struggle in your prayer life? Do you only pray when you really want/need something for yourself? Are you discouraged that your prayers don’t seem to be answered? You’re not alone.
This Sunday I’m going to teach you how to pray, the same way Jesus taught his disciples how to pray. It’s going to increase your prayer life. You’re going to see more prayers answered. You’re going to begin to understand the will of God for your life.
So don’t miss this Sunday. And don’t forget to invite that friend or family member that you’ve been praying for.
Can’t wait to see you on Sunday at River City Church!