- Had a bit of a rough week. Just felt dry spiritually. Had trouble preparing the sermon. Just wouldn’t come together. Don’t know why.
- However, I have a great wife who prayed for me last night. Woke up this morning feeling refreshed and filled up. Full of faith.
- Sometimes I hate my feelings. Feelings are a total ripoff. We need someone to speak truth into our lives when we’re feeling down for no particular reason.
- Now, onto our service! We finished the Born Identity series by talking about our
Rights andResponsibilities as a Christian. What are we to do with all of the blessings that God has given each of us?
- Spiritual embezzlement is when we misuse/misappropriate the blessings that God has entrusted to us. They’re not all for us! Share the love!
- God blesses us so that we can bless others.
- American consumerism has infiltrated the church to the point that God has become a consumable commodity.
- Example: “Like, I just don’t get anything out of the sermons” (in a Valley Girl kind of voice). Well, has anyone told you that church isn’t about what you get out of the sermon? Whatever happened to the church being the Body of Christ, and everyone doing their part to make disciples of all the nations?
- We’ve gotten so wrapped up in “what can I get out of this” consumerism that we fail to see that God has made us stewards, not owners of His blessings.
- We’ve been educated way beyond our obedience.
- We as the church need a heart change if we want to change the world. We’ve got to get out of ourselves, and put on Jesus so that we can see the world through His eyes.
- What has God told you to do with the gifts, talents, and blessings that he has given you stewardship over?
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.